[IPk] Re: Non D Question re GPs

In a message dated 28/08/2003 17:13:51 GMT Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> If my daughter goes to another GP does she have to say why she wants to
> move?
> Will there be problems
> about being accepted by another GP? Anyone know? Do you have to phone
> around??

I changed my GP by ringing the Receptionist and asking if I could register
with them.  I was never asked why I was changing but I had to put my GP's
 previous details on the form so that they could request my file. You do not
have to
wait until your file arrives to be able to see the doctor either.  Also, the
new GP does not ask you why you have changed surgeries.