[IPk] Re: Daily Mail Today

In a message dated 28/08/2003 17:13:51 GMT Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> Hi Barb,
> I don't know your history or if you have explained your situation before,
> but in what way did pumping not work for you?
> Thanks,
> Ingrid

Hello Ingrid

I did not actually try the pump myself although I did enquire about having it
whilst pregnant but unfortunately I lost that baby and have never felt the
urge to go for the pump since.  I did buy a pump for my daughter and it works
 very well for her but for me, I think my control is very good and I am just not
too bothered about one for myself.  I am so used to having to inject but my
 daughter was too thin and she was lumpy and bruised. I also wanted the freedom
for her that she has so much gained from using the pump.  My brother is
 diabetic too and he said he would not like to have the pump attached to him
I know it's a very personal thing and I am just glad it works well for my
 daughter, but if she ever asked to come off it, I would not object if it's what
she really wanted.

Mum to Danielle aged 9, pumping since Nov 2002