Re: [IPk] For the attention of Trisha Hyde

I had a spot of necrobiosis (NLD) diagnosed on my left shin, a few months
after starting on the pump as it happens. No treatment was suggested as it
was quite mild, but I was asked just to keep an eye on it. After a few
months it cleared up of its own accord. Two years later a similar thing
happened on my right shin. Again, it cleared up after a few months. The
skin was shiny, with a raised mottled pattern if I remember correctly. They
say NLD is not a classic diabetic complication, which is reassuring - but
people with Type 1 diabetes are more likely to get it. Is that because NLD
is an autoimmune disorder? I don't know. I guess I was lucky to just get it
mildly. If comes and stays, that must be quite grueling.

mailto:email @ redacted