Re: [IPk] NON D Question for any GPs or someone who knows the answer

On Wednesday 27 Aug 2003 23:55, Jackie Jacombs wrote:
> Sorry this is not really to do with diabetes. but I don't know who to ask.

<snip>
>  If my daughter goes to another GP does she have to say why she wants to
> move? Will there be problems
>  about being accepted by another GP? Anyone know? Do you have to phone
> around??

Putting "changing your doctor" into Google UK found this, which looks very
helpful:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/ask_doctor/changing_doctors.shtml

I've never had to do this myself (I can see any doctor I choose at my surgery,
and there are about 8 there) but I know that changing your GP is supposed to
be easy now, and is your right. Yours does sound very unsympathetic!

Karen