[IPk] Re: Daily Mail Today

In a message dated 27/08/2003 16:34:30 GMT Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> Todays edition of the daily Mail has an artical about pumps, I am sorry
> to say that i dont think its much, as they dont tell you how hard the
> funding
> etc is, apparantly the article says it ends the misery of injections, what
> about the inserting the canulars?. Also I never had a problem with the
> injections its keeping things controlled and the complications at bay.
>    I really hate the articals like this as they always portray the Nice side
> and happy senario's of Diabetes or is it just me getting older?

Hello Dave

I know what you mean, but it's nice to read a story and see a picture of
happy people with diabetes rather than depressive things all the time.  My
 daughter is on a pump and she was really pleased to see these two smiling boys
 one too. Yes, inserting the cannula is sometimes traumatic, but there are pros
and cons to everything, and even though my daughter has a pump, I don't want
one for myself because they don't work for everyone.

Mum to Danielle aged 9, dx Aug 2001, pumping since Nov 2002