[IPk] Re: Lumpy Infusion Site

In a message dated 25/08/2003 10:59:53 GMT Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 09:56:37 -0000
> From: "trisha hyde" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IPk] Lumpy infusion site
> Can anyone help!  I have been on the pump for almost 2 weeks and have
> changed
> infusion sites with the quick-set at least 6 times already (usually every 2
> days).  Yesterday when I changed my site it left me with a small lump (like
> spot but without a head) where the needle/tube had been.  Around the lump
> was
> itchy and lumpy too but BG's weren't affected.  I can't think that I am
> allergic to the tape otherwise surely this would have happened since I
> started
> and it has only been this last one that has done it.  Any ideas please?
> Trish

My 9-year-old has these spots that you mention but we just treat it
 immediately with Tea Tree Oil or other antiseptic cream and the redness is gone
a couple of days.  Recently, the Consultant pointed out that there were fatty
lumps under her skin on her stomach from the infusion sets and he has just
asked us to leave the area for a month until the swelling goes down a bit.

Mum to Danielle aged 9, pumping since Nov 2002
D myself for 30 years but not pumping