[IPk] relief!!

Thanks John and Di,
you have reassured me that I am not the only one who has problems with high
CHO foods both day and espescially during the evening! Having been on the
pump for over 2 years, It IS wonderful but my last HbA1c was back up to 8.3,
which really surprised me as I have been able to eliminate the odd bouts of
bgs >20 and still have quite a few hypos. My basals are unpredicatable too
so personally I have to work very much to the present and find it difficult
to predict a pattern. For example went to bed with a bg of 9.2, which I
decided not to correct, woke in the night hypo, drank a 300ml bottle of
lucozade (normally would have drunk a third, but was too bleary eyed!),
expected bg to be at least 12 but instead 4.5. I then halved my insulin to
CHO ratio so gave 3 units of insulin for 45gms cho and then went really hypo
whilst walking the dog! I really do think I have had this condition for too
long but am really grateful for the pump and it giving me the ability to
deal with things as they happen. I would have loved for it to have been able
to sort things out as scientifically as Pat can but I just have to accept
that my body won't let that happen!

Best Wishes Carmel who maybe needs to have diabetes lessons again!