[IPk] Late night, high % CHO meals

>A food querry: - How do people cope with pasta and basmati rice type meals
>quite late in the evening.

Hi Fiona,

The 'experiment' is the only thing to do.  Your observation and
suggestion as to what to try next sounds good to me!  The only thing I
can suggest is that you might like to try setting your alarm clock at
various times through the night (only once a night, and not on
subsequent nights, just every two-three nights), to check that those 12s
are not rebounds.

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 2+, a big fan of pasta)

>I've been experimenting with the dual bolus but
>haven't got it right yet.  I've tried having 2/3bolus with meal and then a
>1/3 over 4 hours but its just guess work.  I can be quite low 2 hours after
>such a meal eg in the 4's but then wake in the morning in the 12's.  I think
>I either need to have more in an extended bolus  maybe 1/3 with meal and 2/3
>extended and then for how long? I've been nervous of doing too much in the
>extended bolus as it's overnight.  Any tips and solutions will be gratefully
>received as some of my family are athletes and we eat a lot of pasta and
>rice based meals.
>Many thanks

Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)