Re: [IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V2 #470

Hi Fiona,

I'm very allergic to the silhouette/tender, and had similar problems to
you with the quickset (the thing just won't go in with the spring
gadget, and pushing it in by hand often ends up with a bent cannula and
the 'no delivery' alarm.

There are a couple of other types left for you to try: the sofset -
which some folk don't like as they have insertion problems with it
(tender/silhouette does seem to be the favourite for many - it seems if
you can insert that one, and don't object to it, it's very reliable and
comfortable).  The sofset has a 'dangly bit' of tubing, which some
people object to, but those like me with an inability to naval-gaze like
that dangly bit.

There are also the original metal needles.  I've never had the courage
to try the one my pump nurse gave me.  I'm a wimp!

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 2+)

In message <000501c35e7d$b3256080$email @ redacted>, fiona.stoate
<email @ redacted> writes
>The only problem I have is with site changes and I'm beginning to dread them
>when I've got a good one up and running.  I would appreciate any advice from
>any 'experts' out there.  A lot of times when I put a quick set in either
>manually or with the gadget as soon as I start bolusing it comes up 'no
>delivery'.  It has been suggested that the cannula could be pressing on
>muscle so can't deliver the bolus but still trickles in the basal??  I guess
>I may have to stick to the silhouettes which touch wood I have had no
>problem with so far.  Its frustrating as I like the small size 6mm of the
>quickset and have recently had two sites on 'my bum' which have been fab and
>one on my upper abdomen but when I changed yesterday I had nothing but
>trouble, 3 sets wasted all saying 'no delivery' then I went back to my
>original but it was over 3 days old so I put another new one in this morning
>on my upper abdomen.  this one hasn't alarmed but I'm not sure I really
>trust it as bs's are running a bit higher today than usual.  Any tips will
>be gratefully received.

Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)