Re: [IPk] adhesives again

In a message dated 8/8/2003 7:20:17 AM GMT Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> had to change a pump site dressing under which I'd used Kendall Polyskin
> II.  After 24 hours use I'd developed leaking blisters and a rash....
> Guess I'd stuck the dressing too near a previously used site.

Hi Rhoda, and all,

I'm really sorry to hear that - you've got a really horrible problem there.
It does sound as though you're allergic to the Polyskin, though I'd suggest
having another go - if you get the same reaction then it's that (and that's

I've not had any experience myself with Mastisol, although I suspect that you
would be allergic to it from the previous correspondence - no harm in trying,
of course!  I would also be interested to hear more.

With the current hot weather (it's over 30 deg C in my house at present...my
Friopack has just arrived, thank goodness...) I'm delighted to report that my
Quickset is sticking quite happily (the SofSet would have slid off by now...),
and I've had no allergic reactions or problems with the cannula bending on
insertion since I changed over a few months ago.

Best wishes,

508 2++ yrs now