RE: [IPk] Holiday pump problems

I think I was the first to report this fault and I
experienced mine on the Isle of Wight!!  I had exactly the
same problem about 2 weeks before Donald.  My basal continued
fine and I switched to injections to cover meals and
correction doses.  The pump reset itself every time you
pressed any button and failed to bolus. injections for meals
worked fine for the 3 days I was away and as soon as I got
back I spoke to Medtronic who had a replace ment pump to my
office within 2 hours.  I still haven't got my funky blue one
back (stuck with boring grey one!) but it works OK.

I also ran out of infusion sets today (I am not usually so
stupid just very very tired - working very long hours and
weekends|!!).  I spoke to Medtronic to plead for next day
delivery (I fly to Amstrdam early Sunday morning for a
lunchtime meeting and am in Holland all next week) and was
told that they do not deliver on a Saturday but that they
would see what they could do.  Anyway infusion sets have just
arrived at work (4 1/2 hours after call).  So another big
thanks to Yolandi at Medtronic.

Beverley Smith
Principal Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader