[IPk] Holiday pump problems

Hi all,

We have just experienced exactly the same problems with Sam's Minimed 508 as Donald reported a few weeks ago.  In our case, the added complication was that we were on holiday in Belgium at the time!

It appears to have been a software problem causing the pump to continually reset itself and to drain a set of batteries in less than 24 hours.  The reset eventually occurred every time we pressed a button, meaning that we couldn't deliver any boluses.  This was after removing the batteries for 3 hours on the advice of Hannah at Medtronic.  After this, she set the ball rolling to get another pump out to us overnight.

The basal rates seemed to continue OK overnight until we had a NO DELIVERY alarm at 6am the following morning, at which point we removed the pump and went back to injections, to await the new pump.  This arrived during the afternoon and we were finally able to reconnect Sam in the evening, at which point the batteries that came with the new pump also went flat!  Thankfully, our last good set were OK.

As always, we were well prepared with emergency supplies, so the only real worry was getting down to our last set of batteries (we started out with 4!).  I must also say many thanks to Hannah and Yolandi at Medtronic for getting us a replacement pump so quickly - it's lucky that this happened on a weekday.  Sam's pump is now with Medtronic, awaiting testing.

Has anyone else had similar problems recently?

Father of Sam, age 8, dx Aug 1996
508 just over a year