Re: [IPk] BBC news article re: islet transplants

At 21:13 28/08/2002 +0200, you wrote:
> >http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2219405.stm
>Forgive me Karen... I am very sceptical. Yes, these articles make good
>news. They create a buzz. But then what? Of the Mexican doctor's 12 kids,
>only 1 was able to come off insulin. And of the Edmonton Protocol
>guinea-pigs, whose life-saving drugs may yet give them cancer, after 12
>months a fifth of them were back on insulin again - and they had real human
>cells which are so rare they are effectively unavailable to the rest of the
>Hey ho. Forgive me grumbling in the corner...

You're forgiven - mostly because I agree with you. I just posted the link
for info: I'm not cracking open the champagne yet. :)

Karen/Vodka Vixen
* "2002: A Discworld Odyssey" * August 16th-19th, 2002 *
*  Web: http://www.dwcon.org/ * Email: email @ redacted  *