Re: [IPk] BBC news article re: islet transplants

Forgive me Karen... I am very sceptical. Yes, these articles make good
news. They create a buzz. But then what? Of the Mexican doctor's 12 kids,
only 1 was able to come off insulin. And of the Edmonton Protocol
guinea-pigs, whose life-saving drugs may yet give them cancer, after 12
months a fifth of them were back on insulin again - and they had real human
cells which are so rare they are effectively unavailable to the rest of the

Hey ho. Forgive me grumbling in the corner...

mailto:email @ redacted