Re: [IPk] Hypos

In message <email @ redacted>,
email @ redacted writes
>can anyone tell me why i have hypos's today whilst decorating.  i started on a
>rducecdx basal to 40% this morning.  From this afternoon I have blood sugar of
>between 2 and 3 now I have shut the pump off altogether and am now having bm of
>between 1.7 and 2,9. by the way I'm eating loads. Seems that the diabetes is
>still controlling my life and I'm sick of it.  Any suggestions anyone?

I also find decorating to be much harder, physically than stands to
reason. I always forget that something as 'easy' as painting needs no
basal.  I also I know from experience, that continuing to exercise while
low is a Bad Idea.  But with decorating, and often working to a tight
timetable (having to get this coat on if that coat is to be put on
before bed), it's easy to forget that.

Your insulin sensitivity may vary with your bg level - so 40% of basal
at 3 may be acting like 80% of basal at 5 (if you find that, when high,
you need to bolus extra for a meal than you would normally, that would
indicated that your sensitivity varies).

Best wishes,

dm 30+, 508 1+, redecoration schedule two years behind.
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)