[IPk] INPUT Ireland

Hi all -

You are all aware of the work of INPUT in the UK, particularly around
funding issues. With the help of John and Debbie, we have launched INPUT in
the Republic of Ireland.

I'm very excited about our first attendance at a diabetes conference in the
Republic. We'll be introducing INPUT and the ease, safety, facility, and
freedom of insulin pumps to approximately 300 people at a juvenile diabetes
conference being hosted by the diabetes centre at Our Lady's Hospital for
Sick Children (known as Crumlin Hospital - even though it's in Drimnagh!).
John will be travelling from the UK to help me deal with the mob. My goal is
to see at least one child in Crumlin on a pump before the end of the year.
The clinic there has the interest, but they just haven't got it together
yet. I'm hoping that our presence at their conference, plus the presence of
Medtronic and Disetronic will help them get their act together!

If you know anyone in the Republic of Ireland who is interested in pumping,
please send them to INPUT via the email address email @ redacted
Alternatively, they can ring the INPUT mobile on 087 7584755 (if you want to
ring from the UK, dial +353-87-7584755). You can also direct them to the IP
page on pumps in the Republic of Ireland, which Tony and I have written. The
page is at: http://www.insulin-pumpers.org.uk/roi/

Grain is the enemy of the sedentary classes.