[IPk] Hypos

can anyone tell me why i have hypos's today whilst decorating.  i started on a rducecdx basal to 40% this morning.  From this afternoon I have blood sugar of between 2 and 3 now I have shut the pump off altogether and am now having bm of between 1.7 and 2,9. by the way I'm eating loads. Seems that the diabetes is still controlling my life and I'm sick of it.  Any suggestions anyone?