Re: [IPk] BG Meters

Hiya Lesley,

I tried the Vaculance once (and made a complete mess of it!)  I did manage
to get enough blood to do a test from my forearm, but I am not sure that the
resulting bruise was justified.  I think that with any new device, one bad
experience is not sufficient to write it off.  (there's a knack to releasing
the vacuum without re-stabbing yourself, and I obviously hadn't got it quite

I have tried most of the blood machines available at one time or another,
and have to agree that the Esprit is good because of the pre-loaded strips.
You can also get the blood at any angle, without having to"drop" it onto the
test strip, which increases the available stabbing areas.

Our diabetes resource centre has a supply of blood machines, why not see if
yours does.  The reps are usually more than happy to give them away (they
make thier money on the strips).  Your DSN should also be able to let you
try things like the Vaculance.

Have fun!

Kater Clapham