Re: [IPk] BG Meters

>Does anyone use a FreeStyle meter, One Touch Ultra meter, or Vaculance
>Lancing device?  Any comments?

Hi Lesley -

We know far more about the things we have, rather than the things we don't
have. But company advertising - in its many forms - conditions us to love
the products we already have. So people are unwilling to actively criticise
the products they use - as it makes them look stupid for using it!!!

Having said that, I have a One Touch Ultra as a spare meter and I really
don't like it :-)

What I don't like is that the readings are of plasma glucose, not blood
glucose, and so are about 15% higher. Fine if these are the only readings
you ever look at, but very inconvenient if you want to compare your
readings with other people's readings. My borderline hypo BG of 3.9 will be
4.5 on your meter.

FreeStyle - my doctor was concerned about dirty skin. The tiny samples of
blood are easily contaminated by sweat and grime, and blood on the arm may
be up to 30 minutes old.

And I've never seen the Vaculance Lancing device.

Isn't it terrible having all these choices :o)

mailto:email @ redacted