Re: [IPk] Boulder the Beautiful

Hi Diane,

Unfortunately, with the 508, you can't reduce base line by a percentage.
What you get is three distinct 'profiles', and if you want to reduce
your normal one by, say, 10%, or increase it by, say, 20%, you have to
use one of your alternative profiles to do that.

I have a 'normal' profile, an 'exercising' profile which is reduced by
about 12%, and a 'sick' profile which is increased by about 20%.  When I
was lying down for 20 hrs a day with my neck injury, I had to reprofile
my 'sick' profile, up to nearly 25% more than normal.

This isn't TOO much of a hassle for people who have only two or three
different rates during the day - but I have twelve!  Reprogramming a
profile takes a considerable amount of time.

So, for people like me, who have the same basic profile, just up or down
by a percentage, the diestronic is definitely the better pump choice.
However, other people have very different profiles on different days
(e.g. one day they might need 14 units spread evenly over the day, on
another day they might still need 14 units, but need only 0.2 per hour
during the night, and much more during the day, and on yet another day,
they might need only 10 units, but with most of that during the night.
for these people, the 508 is the better pump.

Of course, most people don't know how their basal needs vary, in this
much detail, until they've been on a pump.  Anyone want to swap?

Best wishes to all,

dm 30, 508 1+, diestronic wanabee 6months +

In message <email @ redacted>, diane cook
<email @ redacted> writes
>Have you tried just reducing the base line rate by a given %, this is
>easy on the D-Tron, I don't know about the 508. It would make sense that
>if you have a marked dawn phenomena, that you will always need more in
>the mornings so just running at one rate, eg 0.4/hr for 24 hrs won't
>work for you. You might need to get the calculater out, but take your
>avg day and drop rates by maybe 20% or whatever is best for you, so your
>body still get enough for your dawn phenomena but you don't go hypo either.
>D-Tron 5 months

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)