Re: [IPk] Boulder the Beautiful

In message <email @ redacted>, Diana
Maynard <email @ redacted> writes
>Hi Pat
>I definitely agree with your theory about everyone being different :-)
>Just out of interest, did you suffer noticeably from jetlag? If not, that
>might account for why your basal needs seemed to tie in with your normal ones
>(ie needing more at dawn etc). Perhaps in that case your body is just very
>good at adjusting.
I didn't suffer noticably from jet lag on the easy way (i.e. in
America), and wouldn't really know about the return, as I was asleep for
most of the first week back (lying flat on my back, getting up for a
total of three hours in 24).

The only time I felt the time was 'wrong' was on the Chicago-Denver
flight, when it was bright sunlight (late afternoon, local time), but I
thought it should be nice and dark - but as soon as it got to be
evening, I was happy with it being evening.

Based on this experience (the bgs/travel, not the injury to the neck), I
think next week I will stay with UK time, the switch to Chicago time,
and then to San Jose time, and on the way back, keep on California until
I land, and then switch to UK.

This is all so much easier on the pump - I last went this far ten years
ago, and as far as I remember, I had problems with unexpected lows and
highs for the first two or three days until the long-acting insulin from
the UK was out of my body.

Best wishes to all,

dm 30+, 508 1+, twisted vertebra 1 month
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)