Re: [IPk] Quicksets again!

On 19 Aug 2002 at 13:13, Diana Maynard wrote:

>  I know of quite a few people who had no problem with
>  reactions to
> needles on syringes but who couldn't tolerate a set needle.
> Anyway, glad the Sihouette is working.

Maybe the needle contains nickel which is a very common cause of contact
dermatitis. If I touch anything containing nickel for any length of time I
develop blisters on my hands. I used to play the flute and my hands were
covered in itchy, weeping blisters for months until I worked out why. Most
people that cannot wear silver plated jewellery are allergic to nickel.

Mum to Emily aged 10, dx Oct '99
Humalog x 3, Humalog Mix 25 x 1
+ Robert aged 12 and Matthew aged 7