Re: [IPk] Spare supplies

I suppose the other good thing about using the same insulin as backup as in
your pump is that if you run out of insulin in your pump you always have the
cartridge. Though in an emergency it wouldn't matter anyway if you used
Actrapid instead of Humalog in your pump.

I have some Actrapid cartridges at home which I keep in case I need to take
insulin by syringe instead of the pump. But I don't carry them around with
me, I just carry a syringe, because I can always just inject the insulin
straight out of the pump reservoir in an emergency (unless of course the
reservoir runs out!). That way the Actrapid I keep at home will last for
several years, so I don't feel it's too much of a waste if I have to throw
out 5 cartridges (1 pack) every 3 years (so far in 31/2 years of pumping I've
never had to revert to injections). I also keep a pack of 5 cartridges of
Insulatard at home, for the same reason.
Di