Re: [IPk] Spare supplies

I always carry an insulin pen with me in my bag just in case of pump failure.
I get one pack of 5 cartridges of humalog on prescription about every 5
months. This is in addition to the 10ml humalog vials that I use. Even though
I have rarely had to use the pen, I do not throw away the insulin but use it
in my pump.

After a cartridge has been in my pen for one month, I remove this cartridge
and draw out the insulin with the needle and reservoir and then use this in
the Minimed pump. In this way, the insulin in my pen cartridge is not wasted.