[IPk] Spare supplies

Hi everyone

Do you keep spare syringes/pens in case of pump failure?  If you need to use them, would you use insulin from the vials that you use to fill the pump, in which case you'd have to use a syringe?  Or do you keep a spare pen, and does that mean you have to get cartridges on prescription, which will probably go out of date and have to be thrown away without being used?

I appreciate this is probably not a problem for those on the D-Tron.  How does everyone else manage?  Am I worrying about something unnecessarily?

Any comments, anyone?

Lesley J