From: email @ redacted
Date: 14 August 2002 13:51:45
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPk] To pump or not to pump

Hi Louis -

I was just on holiday in France with my pump. I kept it on on the beach and
in the water (I use a Minimed, but I have the waterproof container for the
pump). I think it's well worth keeping your pump in situations like this
because you're more likely to eat on impulse, need to suspend for exercise,
etc.

If you are self-conscious of the pump, I suggest getting shorts with pockets

so you can keep it in there. If you have it next to you on your chair/towel,

keep a towel or something over it just to keep it out of direct sun.

Of course, many people do choose to take pump holidays. You should do what
you feel most comfortable with. But for me, a holiday is when I most want my

pump.

elizabeth