Re: [IPk] Choice of breakfast cereals

Hi Jenny
There's often quite a bit of fat in muesli  - especially if it has lots of
nuts in. It's possible that that is making the absorption slower, as well as
the increased fibre. I'm guessing that muesli and Allbran may have a lower GI
than Weetabix. I have heard similar stories about Weetabix pushing the BG up
quite fast. I think it tastes like wallpaper paste so I almost never eat it!
I think the answer is just to experiment and find something that works for
you.  I tend to find things like Crunchy Nut Cornflakes and things like
Special K give me a lot less of a rise than wheat based things like muesli (I
know Special K has some wheat in, but it's not pure wheat like AllBran or
something).
Di