[IPk] Choice of breakfast cereals

Hello all
I remember John saying that changing from a
wheat-based cereal to Crunchy Nut Corn Flakes made a
big difference to blood sugar levels.

I have always eaten Weetabix in the past (easy to
measure!) but on returning back to England this week I
thought I would kick start my body back into action
(apologies if you are eating right now) with a mixture
of wholewheat muesli and All Bran.

With Weetabix, I got a large peak, with bloods being
at 15ish for a couple of hours afterwards. I just
assumed that nothing could be done about that (after
all, Weetabix seems to be heavily endorsed in diabetic
clinics!). Now with the current mixture my bloods are
in single figures throughout the morning - why? It's
not as if I have changed to a wheat-free breakfast.

Sorry for the long post, I am just curious to know if
anybody else has had a similar experience or knows a
reason why different cereals act in different ways.

Cheers all

Do You Yahoo!?
HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs