[IPk] Re: Pumps at school

Hi Jackie,

He does do his own bolus, but at the moment a member of staff watches over him, really just to make sure that he does actually press the final button before racing off to play.  He hasn't actually forgotten yet, but there's a first time for everything!

He takes a packed lunch with a card inside that has the boluses marked on it.  We've also handled school trips & cub camp "midnight feasts" by marking the boluses on all his snacks.  It's amazing how grown up he can be when given a bit more responsibility.

Hope this helps.

> From: "Jackie Jacombs" <email @ redacted>
> Date: Tue 13/Aug/2002 18:55 GMT
> To: "Insulin Pump List" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Pumps at school  WAS   Re: [IPk] Insurance
> Hi Andrew
> When Sam is at school does he do his own bolus and have someone watch him?  Or
> does he do this alone.  Does he have a packed lunch at school with the amount
> of insulin to give written down?  Just wondering how this is managed.
> Jackie

Freeserve AnyTime, only #13.99 per month with one month's FREE trial!
For more information visit http://www.freeserve.com/time/ or call free on 0800 970 8890