Re: [IPk] Problems with the Quick Set

My daughter has been on the pump now for 3 weeks - yes we had the same
problems at the beginning with the cannula not being inserted into the skin
and her sugars rising very quickly - at one stage she had ++2 keytones - but
luckily we stayed calm and after changing the insertion site, giving her
insulin by pen injection she was ok.  One tip we picked up from our Minimed
Nurse - Susan is:  when using the inserter Stevie was told to hold it firm
against her skin - because of nerves she tended to pull back slightly when
clicking the insertion which resulted in the cannula not inserting into the
skin.  She has used this technique and held the blue inserted against her
skin as hard as possible - it has definately worked.

Keep it up - its well worth all the hard work - 3 weeks down the line and my
daughter Stevie is a different child - she is full of life - we have got our
daughter back!!

Kind regards
Collette Lewis (Mother of Stevie Lewis, aged 12 - Minimed 508)