Re: [IPk] Problems with the Quick Set

Hello Andrew,

Thanks for your encouragement. It seems quite strange to hear from you -
I've read so many things you've written about your experiences with Sam and
the pump. My son is also called Sam.

We have had to manually insert (the 4th Quick Set in 2 days) and we're still
monitoring.  The 3rd set we'd used had blood in the cannula which was not
obvious from just looking at the set and was evidently blocking the insulin
delivery. Our cofidence with the Quick Set is very shaken now. The
Silhouette has been suggested, I confess to being put off by the size of the
introducer needle. It is obviously fine though because I know that a number
of children use them. It would also be beneficial to have the window to
check the tubing. I shall arrange to have somebody demonstrate the
Silhouette as soon as poss.
Of course just to complicate matters we're supposed to be going on holiday
today. We're delaying now because we're far too anxious! We're only going to
London for the week - for a bit of culture hopefully! It'd be great if
diabetes wasn't our focus for a while.