Re: [IPk] Problem with pump

Exactly the same thing happened with my 508 on Wed. of this week. It seems to
be an electrical problem, perhaps a short circuit. Fortunately, my problem
occurred during the week so that I received a replacement pump the following

If you still have your pump and haven't sent it back yet, here are a few
suggestions which worked for me. Does the problem occur when you press any of
the buttons? And is the time shown on the screen when you are not doing
anything with it? If so, as was the case with mine, it still has power and
will still be delivering your basal rate in which case you can continue to
wear it and give only your meal boluses by injection. This would mean that
you would not have to worry about giving yourself any long acting basal

The other thing that I found was that if I kept trying to program a bolus, it
would eventually work, sometimes after about 5 tries. Though even this did
not always work which meant using a syringe.

Good luck,