[IPk] retinopathy

Just to agree with others re: deterioration in eyes if control improves
rapidly.  At the pre-pregnancy clinic they monitor your eyes as they often
see this deterioration when people tighten up control.  But the good news is
I think it is usually only a temporary deterioration.

Audrey Sheal
IDDM 21 yrs +, 508 22months +

> Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 22:34:48 -0700
> From: "Abigail King" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IPk] retinopathy
> 6 months back I had a check up with the opthalmologist, who tthought there
> were possibly some early changes. Yesterday he had another look. There was
> definitely some background retinopathy. This would normally be
> insignificant,
> but it's close to the macula which is vital for vision. I was asked
> whether
> control has deteriorated( no, it's improved from 8.1 to 6.6 in the past 6
> months and my blood pressure has returned to normal after a bit of a scare
> 2
> years ago. Also my cholesterol has always been "good"
Scottish Enterprise Network

Headquarters Address & Contact Numbers

150 Broomielaw
5 Atlantic Quay