Re: [IPk] Hello Christine

Hi Lesley
yes, I lost my licence about 4 years ago due to retinopathy. Also I've had
loads of laser treatment, my visual field wasn't reduced at all, but my sight
has deteriorated a lot (I'm registered blind), and my vision is non-existent
in bright or dim light. It sometimes annoys me that I can no longer drive,
because I hate having to rely on other people for lifts, or simply not being
able to go to places simply because I have no means of getting there. But I
live in a city and can walk to work and to most places I go to, or I can get
the bus or tram. I'm sure I'm a lot healthier for walking everywhere rather
than driving! And I save an enormous amount of money through not having a
car, especially as I get free local travel on public transport and reduced
rail fares.