[IPk] NHS directive

I would be very interested to read this
I read in one of the GP magazines recently that BG is considered of far less
value than an HBA1c in type 2 DM. I think that this is certainly the case if
not treated on insulin. Although testing occasionally could still help detect
problems before the HbA1c most doctors would want to se the A1c as well to
address medication

I wonder if the NHS directive was aimed at type 2s only. If aimed at type 1
this is absolutely appalling. I would find insulin therapy of any type
unacceptable without checking a minimum of twice per day even if I felt well,
DM was stable and I was sticking to a normal routine/ not driving
Yes it really does seem at odds with the current interest in tightening
control and reducing complications and guidelines for A1c.
IMy Aic improved drastically as a result of me taking at least 4 or 5 readings
a day on an accurate meter and adjusting the dose