[IPk] cost of strips

I think the #27 is the cost to buy over the counter. I believe that the cost
of strips when purchased by the NHS is #14 to #16 per 50. Sorry, not sure
whether the concern here is the cost to your pocket, or whether due to GPs
getting even more pissed off for being asked to prescribe more expensive
strips. But as far as I am aware the cost of strips does not vary that much
If  the latter, and the GPs are not open to discussion , then perhaps a letter
from your consultant explaining why so many tests are needed ( assuming your
consultant supports you pumping and testing intensively).
I may be wrong, there may be strips which are significantly less expensive. If
these are accurate and work for you then it may appease the practice.