[IPk] number of strips recommended

I think the world health organisation recommended 4 tests per day. I think
this was the number used in the DCCT as well.
Certainly many doctors have no clue with type 1 diabetes. I remember reading
an article in one of the GP magazines, stating that an A1c of 7 % was a
realistic goal for most people, that insulin was usually given in a twice
daily premix, and that once daily testing was adequate, and people testing 4
to 7 times a day were obsessive. No mention of testing before driving.
I wish I had sent in a reply
I have also read articles about the usual cause of hyperglycaemia in diabetics
being ingestion of excessive sugary food!