[IPk] Alcohol

Hi Caroline and all

My findings on alcohol:
If I drink real ale (rather than ordinary beer or lager) I don't give
any bolus's with the drinks unless my BG goes above 10mmol/l, I leave my
base rate at normal and wake up with a normal BG after drinking 2-3 pints.
I am told that lager and ordinary beer contain added sugar (to make it
taste better), whereas in real ale the majority of the sugar is
fermented into alcohol.

Last weekend I drank half a bottle of red wine, and my BGs stayed normal
whilst drinking, but woke up at 8am with a BG of 2.4 mmol/l and didn't
feel hypo!!!

Conclusion: I'm going to try and stick to real ale but should I drink
wine I'll definitley drop my base rates.

D-Tron 5 months
Start work as junior dr tomorrow, will keep you informed.