[IPk] Some GP's Are So Unsupportive

It seems that some practices are very wary of pump therapy and object to the "additional cost" that it incurs to the practice.  My only sin is that I test my blood on average about 7 or 8 times a day and have after some initial problems been allowed a prescription for 200 Active test strips per month.  However they have now reduced this to 50 per month because they claim that my need for 200 per month is unreasonable and 50 is the ussual amount prescribed.  So looks like I am going to have to buy the things myself.  Has anyone else had this problem?  If so, was it resolved and how?