Re: [IPk] I'm not missing - I'm in Nice!

On Monday 05 August 2002 13:59, you wrote:
> I think it is weird as no matter how much I have to drink, I will
> always test my BG and adjust my insulin dose.  Often I use my BG meter and
> my pump history to work out what time I got home!  There is an added
> benefit that the pump cos don't use in their literature!
yes, I'm the same. I never lose that part of the control element, though I
might lose control in other ways. Although occasionally I don't make rational
decisions about adjusting my insulin dose, in the sense that I forget I need
to either lower my insulin overnight, or to eat something and NOT bolus for
it. I actually have one of my profiles (A for Alcohol) set for lower
nighttime and morning basal rates so that when I've been drinking I can just
switch profiles without fiddling around with all the basals. That's another
benefit of having different profiles they don't tell you in the literature :-)