[IPk] We're all new to this...

If anyone's interested in reading up more about genetics, I can
definitley recommend Matt Ridley's "Genome". Its a very readable book
and not complicated/ boring genetic detail. It made me realise most of
genetics is not like we learnt at school, or even medical school, but
more of a grey area of a combination of factors: lots of slightly
'wrong' genes acting to create a disease rather than one, plus lots
dependant on the environment.

I have no other diabetics in my family, my mum and I think that it was
the mumps virus that triggered my diabetes- I was diagnosed 3 months
later (So my advice is make sure your kids get an MMR jab!).

Type 1 17 yr, Pump 5months, 5 days till I start work