[IPk] Re: airlines

Pleased you got there OK Pat!
I had a very thorough search and scan etc at Manchester before flying in
April. They removed my shoes and scanned feet etc, too. I was fully expecting
this and was ahppy to comply. There was a male and female security person at
the gate, the female dealt with the ladies and the man the gents etc. They
were pleasant and polite and felt more secure knowing that everyone on the
flight was having this done.
The problems at the other end were down to just one uneducated (in diabetes
and how to deal with people) person, I think! Coming back, I was singled out
as I say, and, on the whole, the staff were pleasant and apologetic, bar
one...who actually followed me into the ladies room on a number of occassions
(two hr check in...lots of BG testing and also very hot so drinking lots of
water)! It was a bit unnerving to find her standing outside of the cubicle
each time! She had probably been instructed to do this for whatever reason!
BW Helen...planning next yrs trip!