Re: [IPk] insulin support groups(local-area)

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, you wrote:
> I live in Manchester area, and have not found any local support groups in my area.
> Can anyone please tell me if any support groups are located in my area, and if so, would you kindly supply the contact no or address please.
> thanks
> Ian.

Hi Ian
There is a local Diabetes support group in Manchester  - and somewhere I have
the details - I'll dig them out for you. I used to live in Manchester for 10
years, until 18 months ago, although I never actually went to any of the local
meetings. I got the feeling it was more for type IIs, but I could have been
completely wrong.
Which hospital are you based at? There are now quite a few pumpers at the
manchester Diabetes Centre (part of the MRI) - and they started to get a little
support group together, though I'm not sure what's happening with it now. If
you're at the MDC, talk to Donna, because she's basically in charge of all
things pump-related.