insulin patterns was RE: [IPk] Insulin availability; was "insulin abuse"

> The three patterns on the
508 are not enough.  I am now using 'standard' for active days, 'A' for
inactive days (like 'standard', but a little higher all day apart from
late afternoon and early evening), and 'B' for other days (same pattern
as A'standard') but I move B up and down across the board)

I find the same, Pat. Currently I have a few days each month when I use a
temporary basal overnight in conjunction with my chosen basal rate. I do
this rather than changing the basal because my needs change each month
around the time my period ends, so it's easier for me to set the temporary
basal rather than resetting the basal profile every month. I remain
optomisitic that it will settle down someday, I will recognise a new
pattern, and I will be able to reset that particular basal profile and just
use that without the extra fiddling.