[IPk] Kids Diabetic Holidays

	Catherine

	Contact Diabetes UK - I signed up last year, but ended up not being
able to do it.  You have to do a weekend's training in Manchester, and a few
other bits and bobs.  You complete an application with references and send
it in, stating your location choice (1st, 2nd and 3rd) and preferred role.
Diabetes UK are, I feel, not very switched on in how they deal with
volunteers - I got a letter from them that was very - we will let you know
at some point if you get to help out at that holiday - we get lots of good
applications from qualified people who have a lot to offer so have way too
many volunteers!  Not the way to engender enthusiasm from individuals taking
a week off work to volunteer!  Anyway, despite that, I am going to apply
again this year.

	Audrey Sheal

> Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 13:24:07 EDT
> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: [IPk] Kids Diabetic Holidays
>
> Any ideas where I can find out about being a helper on one of these hols
> as I
> am on a pump and would love to lend a hand!!!
>
> Catherine

> End of ip-uk-digest V1 #570

Scottish Enterprise Network
http://www.scottish-enterprise.com