Re: [IPk] Insulin availability; was "insulin abuse"

In message <email @ redacted>, Diana Maynard
<email @ redacted> writes
> > If I had a bad set (i.e. the only time I'd be caught
>short, unless I had > an unplanned prolonged stay away from home - and that's
>very unlikely to > happen), I'd think it even more essential to change
>everything, as I'd > worry about an infection causing the bad set.
>??? If an infection was causing the bad set, why would that mean you needed to
>change the insulin too? That doesn't make sense - the infection would be in
>your body, not in the insulin cartridge.

I mean an infection at the site, not an overall infection like the one
I've got at the moment.

Thanks for the variation information - mine is about the same as yours -
it just seemed to me to be odd because my doctor wants to know what my
basal rate is - All I can say is 'it varies'.  The three patterns on the
508 are not enough.  I am now using 'standard' for active days, 'A' for
inactive days (like 'standard', but a little higher all day apart from
late afternoon and early evening), and 'B' for other days (same pattern
as A'standard') but I move B up and down across the board)

Best wishes,

DM 30+, 508 4months+

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)