RE: [IPk] Novarapid/Blood in canula

>> It concerned me a little to discover that  Novarapid has not been
> tested thoroughly on children but is being used by  children upon
> recommendations by consultants.

I assume that, like humalog, Novorapid has not yet been approved for use in
children. HOwever, you'd want to confirm that with Novo. There is a great
discrepancy between what is approved and what is actually done. Remember
that approval stems on the product being submitted for approval for the
specified use, so if the company doesn't want to pay for trials on children,
the trials don't get done. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that the
insulin can't be used, and your consultant is obviously better informed
and/or more innovative than mine. If you're concerned, you should definitely
discuss it with them.

I do remember reading recently that humalog was or was about to be approved
for use in children over 12.