[IPk] Kids Diabetic Holidays

     Anthony has recently returned from a DUK holiday  where he had
a>fantastic time.  In particular he seemed to take great joy  in going into
the room with the other diabetic children, blood testing and  waiting to
be told by the helpers to do his injection.  Rather than advise  that he
was on a pump he thought it would be fun just to refuse to do an
injection.  The helpers  became very irrate and had to bring in the
organiser of the holiday to be told he didnt have to do injections.  He is
a real wind up merchant.  He has said that next year he is going to
educate  them all about eating whilst on a pump, as he was told to eat
foods even when he  didnt want them.  I will say the holiday has worked
wonders for him and his  confidence in the pump, he never wants to go back
to injections again.  I  think a few area health authorities may be
receiving requests from children who  attended camp with Ants to be put on
the pump.  If so I hope they are as  fortunate as Anthony as his life and
ours has changed so much since he has  started pumping, for the first time
in five years we are no longer living a  regimented life watching the
clock all the time.  WE LOVE  IT.