[IPk] Minimed battery life

Another issue with minimed batteries - I have only had to
change the batteries once and it was a disaster!  The pump
still indicated low battery when they were changed and
despite several attempts would not clear.  On the last
attempt I got a warning (unable to deliver or something like
that) and it shut down completely.  Fortunately I was still
on the saline phase of my trial and therefore still using a
pen but it was traumatic.  When I took it back to the
hospital and they spoke to AMT they were told it was a static
electricity problem which occurs rarely and that you have to
take the batteries out and leave the pump for 24 hours to
calm down before starting it up again.  The hospital gave me
another pump and I have not had to change the batteries since
(5 weeks) but am dreading it.  I might try rubber gloves next

Beverley Smith
Principal Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader
BG Group