Re: [IPk] Tape for loose insertions

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, you wrote:
> Can anyone recommend which tape is best to use should the
> plaster start to come loose around the cannula?  I have been
> using micropore (because we had it in the house) but I
> wondered if there was something better?
> Bev

Hi Bev
If you can get hold of Mefix,  I think people generally find it is better.
I got it from my physiotherapist (for something else) but apparenly you should
be able to get it at your clinic. I don't think it's normally sold in Boots etc.

There's also the tape that comes with the Minimed Softsets, only I've just
forgotten the name of it. You can get it with or without the holes in the

I've found, however, that if you're using Siilhouettes, nothing works very well,
because if you try to stick it down whilst not covering up the bit where the
tubing detaches, it doesn't stick well. And even if you cut a hole in the
middle, you need too much hole for it to stick well.